Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

I Junk Mailed To Say I Love You

, , | Right | August 6, 2009

Me: “Thank you for calling [Wireless Company]! How may I help you?”

Customer: “Yeah, you sent me an ad and I want to let you know I’m very happy with the service I’m getting with a competitor, so I don’t need your services.”

Me: “Of course, sir. Would you like to be taken off our mailing?”

Customer: “Now, just a minute there; just a minute! I want to thank you for thinking of me. Nobody ever sends me anything in the mail these days, so I want to thank you for sending me things. I don’t want your services, but I’d like you to keep sending me the ads.”

Me: “You don’t want to buy anything from us, but you want to keep receiving the advertisements? Am I understanding you correctly?”

Customer: “Yes, that’s correct. Thank you for thinking of me.”

Me: “Um, you’re welcome, sir! We’d be happy to keep sending you things in the mail, if that’s what you want.”

Customer: “Thank you!” *hangs up*


This story is part of the Customer Complaints That Resolve Themselves roundup!

Read the next roundup story!

Read the roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!