Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

How To Lose Your Marbles In Style

, , , | Right | June 17, 2008

(Our store used to have a completely gutted 1957 Chevy truck as a centerpiece. It was part of the store’s trademark. Walking down the store past the truck, I am stopped by an old man.)

Me: “Sir?”

Old Man: “Young lady, how much are you selling this truck for?”

Me: “Sorry, sir, the truck isn’t for sale. It’s owned by [company].”

Old Man: “I’ll give you a hundred dollars for it.”

Me: “Sir, the truck is not for sale. I apologize.”

Old Man: “All right… I’ll give you two hundred!”

Me: “Sir, the truck is not for sale. And even if it was, it would be for a LOT more than $200.”

Old Man: “Yes, I suppose you’re right… SAY! SOMEONE STEALING, LOOK!” *points behind me*

(As I turn to look behind me, the man climbs the crates next to the truck, opens the driver’s seat door, and gets behind the wheel.)

Old Man: “WHOOOOOOOOO-HAW! CAN’T CATCH ME NOW, CAN YOU!” *swings steering wheel around and starts to make gun noises* “PEW PEW! PEW PEW!”

(Mall Security ended up being called after the old man was “trying” to run us over. I wish I was joking.)


This story is part of our Shocking Old People roundup!

Read the next Shocking Old People roundup story!

Read the Shocking Old People roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!