Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Hopefully, That’ll Be The End Of That Customer

, , , , , | Right | February 20, 2013

Customer #1: “I hope this is better than last time! My last ham was salty and had too much fat!”

Me: “I’m sorry about that. We do have a guarantee on flavor, so if you—”

Customer #1: “Never mind, it was a while ago. I want a 10-pound shank.”

Me: “Okay, let me get one.”

(I pull a ham about that size from the refrigerator, put it on the counter in front of her, and unwrap the foil.)

Customer #1: “No! No! That has way too much fat! See right there!”

(I look down at where she is pointing and note it is a normal deposit found in all hams. I decide it’s not worth arguing.)

Me: “Okay, let me get another.”

(I do so, but she’s still not satisfied.)

Customer #1: “No, that’s not any good either! It has too much fat!”

(This repeats several times, as I show her a total of nine other ham shanks, all of which, predictably, have the same small fat deposit. I’m literally running out of hams to show her. [Customer #2], standing behind her in line, has been quiet but has been getting increasingly agitated.)

Customer #1: “What is with this place?! All these hams have fat!”

(Customer #2 finally snaps.)

Customer #2: “Of course it has fat, you moron! It’s a pig’s a** cheek!”

Customer #1: *stunned* “It is?”

Customer #2: “Yes! He’ll tell you!” *points at me*

Me: “Well, yes. Ham comes from the, uh, hind end of a pig.”

Customer #1: “Oh, my God, that’s disgusting! I’m never buying this again!”

(She storms out, and [Customer #2] steps up to the counter.)

Customer #2: “Finally. One 12-pound pig a** cheek, please.”


This story is included in our Awesome Customer story roundup!

Want to read the next story? Click here!

Want to read the story roundup? Click here!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!