Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Here Today, Gone To Maui

, , , , , , | Right | April 23, 2010

Me: “Hello and thank you for calling [Travel Agency]. How may I help you?”

Caller: “Hi, I need to get to Hawaii by Saturday.”

Me: “Okay, let me just see what flights are available.”

Caller: “Flights? As in flying? No way! I am terrified of flying! Can you look up some train tickets for me?”

Me: “Ma’am, Hawaii is in the middle of the Pacific ocean. There is no train service to Hawaii.”

Caller: “What? Hawaii is part of the United States, isn’t it?”

Me: “Yes, ma’am. It is.”

Caller: “Then how can it be in the middle of the ocean? Fine, then, what about taking a boat?”

Me: ”Ma’am, there are cruise services to Hawaii, but I can assure you that the only way you are going to get to Hawaii by Saturday is by flying.”

Caller: “Well, what about those speed boats that drug users use from Cuba?”

Me: “Well, ma’am, those boats don’t have the ability to cross the ocean, and Cuba is only 90 miles from the United States.”

Caller: “90 miles? Sonny boy, Cuba is out in the middle of the ocean. Haven’t you ever looked at a map?”

Me: “Yes, ma’am.”

Caller: “Forget it, I’ll just call another travel agency that knows their history.”

Me: “Do you mean geography?”

Caller: *click*


This story is part of our Clueless Tourists roundup!

Want to read the next story? Click here!

Want to read the roundup? Click here!


This story is part of our Geography roundup.

Click here to read the next story!

Click here to go to the roundup.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!