Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Mistake Was His

, | Related | April 29, 2017

I was born out of wedlock. While everyone was supportive of the boyfriend (my dad), such as my mom’s parents, siblings, and other family members, my great-grandpa was not. He told my mom that the boyfriend was just going to leave her and then the baby is going to be a problem with her parents. They would have to take care of her, and her siblings, and the baby. But the boyfriend (my dad) never leaves her and they are able to have me, get jobs, and a house.

I never knew I had a great-grandpa until my sister is born. I am 10 at the time. He appears at my grandparents’ house one day just to see my baby sister. He is saying that this is how you have a baby. He doesn’t really acknowledge me and when he finally does, he just tells me I was a mistake.

It got me upset and we left my grandparents’ house. My parents told me, I wasn’t a mistake and was one of the best things that happen to their lives. I later heard from my parents that whole family cut their ties with my great-grandpa. Which I was fine with.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!