Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Getting Out Of A Scrape

| Right | February 7, 2013

(I work for a well-known electronics store chain that has their own repair section for electronics. A high school-aged customer brings in her laptop to be checked out.)

Customer: “I have no idea what’s wrong! It just won’t do anything.”

(My coworker takes her laptop and runs a virus scan.)

Coworker: “You have quite a few viruses. It’ll be [price] to remove them.”

Customer: “Oh, but I have a warranty! Those are covered, right?”

Coworker: “Unfortunately, the plan you have only covers accidental physical damage.”

Customer: “Who the f*** do you guys think you are? You’re nothing! You have to fix this!”

Coworker: “Unfortunately, we can’t unless you pay.”

(The customer grabs the laptop and leaves the store. It’s a slow day, so we’re joking around near the front doors when we see the girl open her laptop, place it on the asphalt, step and scrape it into the ground, before picking it back up and bringing it back in.)

Customer: “While I was walking to the car, I accidentally dropped it!”

Me: “You know, we saw you scraping it up outside, right? You did it right in front of the window.”

Customer: “NO, IT WAS ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE! YOU CAN’T PROVE THAT I DID THIS!”

Coworker: “We can always go get the security footage.”

(The customer made a huge fuss, so our manager agreed to take and send the laptop to the service center. Big surprise: it got sent back unrepaired because it wasn’t accidental damage.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!