Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Fun With Hypocrites

, | Right | February 6, 2008

Me: “That’ll be $49.95, thank you, sir.”

(Customer takes out his credit card and his reward benefits card from his wallet and pointedly separates them before handing them over. I take the cards.)

Customer: “No, you can’t touch the cards together like that, it ruins the magnetic strip.”

Me: “Oh it’s okay, the strips on these cards are very durable.”

(I continue on with the transaction.)

Customer: “Are you deaf? I said don’t touch them together!! You’ll ruin my cards!”

Me: “Sir, trust me, you could put a strong magnet on these cards and they wouldn’t be damaged. Touching them together is not going to affect them.”

Customer: “Well, the customer is always right, so don’t touch my cards together, okay?!”

Me: “Okay, okay, geez.”

(I make a big show of keeping the cards separate.)

Customer: “The service here is terrible.”

Me: “Whatever.”

(I hand his cards back, still making a show of keeping them separate. The customer then proceeds to put them back in his wallet, in the same flap, so they are rubbing against each other through a thin piece of material.)

Me: *trying not to laugh* “You just put them together in your wallet.”

Customer: *embarrassed* “Yeah well…shut up and do your job!”


This story is part of the Hypocritical Customers roundup!

Read the next Hypocritical Customers roundup story!

Read the Hypocritical Customers roundup!


This story is part of the Wrong But Committed Customers roundup!

Read the next Wrong But Committed Customers roundup story!

Read the Wrong But Committed Customers roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!