Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The (Birth)Mark Of A Narrow Minded Person

| Friendly | July 1, 2016

(I have a rather large birthmark on my left shoulder. It is benign, but that does not stop people from asking what happened to my shoulder, sometimes in a rude way. This incident happened in the summer, tank top season, when I get the most comments. I am at the mall with my friends, and a random stranger walks up to me.)

Stranger: “Hey, what happened to your shoulder?”

Me: “Oh, it’s just a birthmark.”

Stranger: “You know, you can have surgery to remove things like that.”

Me: “And why would I want to?”

Stranger: “Because if you didn’t have that ugly thing on your shoulder, you would actually be really pretty! Nobody is ever going to marry you if that thing is still there!”

Me: “That is none of your business. I happen to like my birthmark, and if someone doesn’t like me because of it, they’re not worth it. Please leave me alone, and go bother someone else.”

Stranger: *shouting* “IT’S UGLY! GET THAT D*** THING REMOVED! NOBODY ELSE WANTS TO SEE IT!”

(They then walked away, muttering and cursing. My friends all gave me high fives, and we continued our shopping trip.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!