Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Finally Having A Ball

| Learning | January 31, 2014

(Our principal has always been a quiet and polite man who has very little to do with students from day to day. It’s his last year with us before he retires. It is the day after ‘muck-up-day,’ a day where the graduating students play little pranks on each other and usually vandalise the school in playful and easy to clean up ways. This year they weren’t any worse than the previous years but we have an unexpected end of day assembly.)

Principal: “You may be wondering why you are all here. As you know this is my last year at the school. I have seen many, many classes of graduating classes and I have to say I have never been more disappointed in my entire time teaching. Your behaviour yesterday was completely unacceptable. It reflected poorly on yourselves and on the school itself…”

(He continues ranting on like this for a good five minutes, his voice getting louder and louder. This is a man who has never raised his voice before in front of the whole school in his life.)

Principal: “…in conclusion I have to say that I am extremely disappointed in the Year 12s this year. The only course of action left to me is to cancel the Year 12 graduation ceremony and ball!”

(All the Year 12s cry out in protest but he ignores them.)

Principal: “Now, your head boy and girl have something to say to you.”

(He walks off and sits down leaving his notes on the pedestal. The head boy, a little shaken and nervous, walks up and looks down at the note.)

Head Boy: “All it says here is ‘April Fools.'”


This story is part of the April Fool’s Day roundup!

Read the next April Fool’s Day roundup story!

Read the April Fool’s Day roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!