Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Dr. Jekyll And Hearing-Impaired Hyde

, , , | Right | July 17, 2008

(At the hardware store where I work, I see an old lady pushing a cart with a heavy bag of dirt inside it.)

Me: “Here, I can help you with that, ma’am. ”

Old Lady: “This cart is awful! It won’t steer anywhere I want it to!”

Me: “I’m sorry about that; it is kind of heavy. Here, let me get you a new one.”

Old Lady: “NO! I want a new cart so I can go look at flowers!”

Me: “…okay. I’ll get you a new cart for the dirt.”

Old Lady: “You DON’T understand! I want a new cart! Not this one! This one is broken!”

Me: “That’s quite alright, ma’am. I’ll get you a new cart instead of this one.”

Old Lady: “YOU JUST DON’T UNDERSTAND! I WANT TO GO LOOK AT FLOWERS AND I WANT A NEW CART!”

Me: “Okay, I think we have a miscommunication here! You may go look at flowers as much as you want. Then, just come check out when you’re done.”

Old Lady: “I’m just going to go look at flowers, AND I want a new cart.”

(About fifteen minutes after she looks at flowers, she comes down to my register. She’s still pushing the old cart.)

Old Lady: “Well, I guess I’m done shopping for the day. Thank you so much for your help, sweetie!”

Me: “You’re… welcome?”


This story is part of the Customers With Wild Mood Swings roundup!

Read the next roundup story!

Read the roundup!


This story is part of the Customer Complaints That Resolve Themselves roundup!

Read the next roundup story!

Read the roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!