Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Don’t Egg On The Eggman

, , | Right | June 5, 2012

(I am a regular customer at a locally-owned game store. It’s a really nice store, with an in-house arcade and snack bar. We also have weekly gaming and card game tournaments, one of which is going on during the time of this story. I’m browsing a bit, when I overhear this conversation between an employee, who is also my friend, and a customer.)

Employee: “Hi, welcome to [Store]. Are you looking for anything in particular?”

Customer: “Yeah, my money back!”

Employee: “I’ll be happy to help you with a return. What item are—”

(The customer slams a copy of Sonic the Hedgehog 2006—a notoriously bad game—onto the counter.)

Customer: “How dare you sell me this piece of s***?!”

Employee: “Sir, please don’t swear at me. Now, would you like cash or store credit?”

Customer: “Give me f***ing cash! This s***hole of a store doesn’t deserve a quality gamer like me to shop here!”

Employee: “Okay, I can give you $5 for this.”

Customer: “FIVE DOLLARS? FIVE F***ING DOLLARS? THAT’S OUTRAGEOUS!”

Employee: “Sir, please calm down.”

Customer: “I PAID FULL PRICE FOR THIS GAME!”

Employee: “Sir, the price sticker is still on here. You paid $10, which is nowhere near the full price.”

Customer: “YOU’RE TRYING TO F***ING RIP ME OFF!”

(The employee motions towards the kids playing a popular trading card game nearby.)

Employee: “Sir, there are children in this store. If you can’t calm down and properly behave, I’ll have to ask you to leave.”

(Suddenly, the customer flings the game to the side. He then goes on a rampage throughout the store, flings merchandise off of the shelves and flips over one of the claw machines in the arcade in his rage. The employee called security and the customer was dragged out, still thrashing and swearing!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!