Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Doesn’t Quite Get The Message

| Right | December 8, 2014

(I am a receptionist and all incoming calls come to me, I also have two coworkers with the same first name.)

Me: “Good afternoon, [Company].”

Customer: “I missed a call from this number.”

Me: “I am sorry. All incoming calls come through my desk and I have no way of knowing who placed an outgoing call to your number. What company are you with? I might be able to look up who your project manager is.”

Customer: “[Other Company].”

Me: “I am sorry, but I don’t seem to have your company in my system. Did the person that called happen to leave a message?”

Customer: “Yes, but I don’t listen to my messages.”

Me: “I apologize, but the best way for us to know who called you is for you to listen to the message.”

Customer: “Fine!” *click*

(Phone rings, it is the same customer.)

Customer: “Can I talk to [Coworker First Name]?”

Me: “May I ask, is that [Coworker First and Last Name #1] or [Coworker First and Last Name #2]?

Customer: “How am I supposed to know? They only said [First Name].

Me: “All right, did they tell you the nature of this call in the message?”

Customer: “I don’t know; I didn’t listen that far. Just let me talk to [First Name].”

Me: “Okay, sir, please hold while I determine which one of them called you. May I please get your name and company again?”

Customer: “No!” *click*

(He didn’t call back after that so I don’t know if he ever figured it out.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!