Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Course Is Strong With This One

| Learning | May 14, 2013

(It is 1999, and “Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace” is only days from its release. The calculus teacher at my school is a notorious Star Wars fan. At this time we are also participating in Olive Garden’s “Pasta for Pennies” charity, where every classroom keeps a white bucket up front and students drop pennies into it so that the homeroom that donates the most pennies wins free food.)

English Teacher: “So your assignment for Monday is to write an essay discussing the major themes in [novel] we covered today and yesterday.”

(I raise my hand.)

English Teacher: “Yes, [my name]?”

Me: “How long does it have to be?”

English Teacher: “Let’s say one to three pages. But if you really—”

(Suddenly, the door bursts open and the calculus teacher jumps inside with the Pasta for Pennies bucket on his head and a toy light saber in his hand.)

Calculus Teacher: “Did anyone here see a bounty hunter wearing a green helmet?”

English Teacher: “What… the… f***?”

Calculus Teacher: “A true Jedi has no use for such language!”

(The calculus teacher pushes a button on his toy light saber and it lights up and begins making electronic crashing sounds. He smacks it against the side of the English teacher’s podium, and it utters a loud ‘KKHHKHHKH.’)

Calculus Teacher: “You see, he’s quiet now. The Force has great influence over the weak-minded.” *waves his hand like Obi-Wan Kenobi* “You never saw me here!”

(The calculus teacher then tears out of the classroom and down the hall at full speed.)

Classmate: “Uh… Mr. [English teacher’s name], what were you saying about the essay?”

(The English teacher lowers his head and presses his face against the podium.)

English Teacher: “Never mind.”


This story is part of our Star Wars roundup!

Read the next Star Wars roundup story!

Read the Star Wars Roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!