Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

David Vs. On-The-Warpath

| Right | February 8, 2013

(I’m helping a very nice woman with her cellphone. Suddenly, a man built like a bodybuilder comes rushing into the store, his arms full of documents.)

Me: *to the man* “I’ll be with you in just a few minutes.”

(Instead of waiting, the man pushes the woman out of the way to get to me.)

Customer: “Hey, I need to use one of your computers. Can you log me in?” *gestures towards a setup of demo laptops*

Me: “Uh, for what, exactly?”

Customer: “I need to do some online banking quickly. Just f***ing unlock one of those computers already.”

Me: “Look, I can’t let you do that. Those machines get sold, and if somebody gets your bank info off of a machine I sell them, I’m liable. More so, your attitude isn’t very respectful, sir.”

Customer: “I don’t f***ing care if people steal my bank info! I just need to get this s*** done. Now, let me on!”

Me: “No. There’s a public library open further down the street, but I refuse to allow you onto our machines, not just for liability reasons, but for how you’re treating me.”

Customer: “Well, f*** you then!”

Me: “You can leave my store, or I can call the police on you. Your choice.”

(The man walks out of the store raging, and the woman I am helping before just looks at me shocked.)

Woman: “I am amazed you talked to him like that. He looked like he could have snapped you in half!”

Me: “At some point, you just get tired of some people. Let’s finish you up here.”

(Later that week, I got a commendation from Head Office, star service award. I was nominated by the woman I served that night.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!