Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Archive for 2013

Jump to page:

The Greatest Deal In American History

| Right | August 29, 2013

(A car dealership just outside of Philadelphia is running an oil change special for $17.76. I overhear the following conversation at a convenience store.)

Customer #1: “[Car dealership] doesn’t make sense. $17.76 for an oil change. Don’t specials always have 99 cents in the end?”

Customer #2: “I know, it’s confusing! Probably just some number they pulled out of their a**!”

Clerk: “The Declaration of Independence was signed in 1776. Here. In Philadelphia!”

Customers #1 & #2: *blank stares*

Putting The Day Into A High Note

, | Right | August 29, 2013

(I am working the drive-thru at a fast food restaurant, and we have been having a rough night. It has been non-stop busy, and several customers have been very rude. A car pulls up, and I greet them.)

Me: “Hi! How can I help you?”

Customer: *singing in mock-opera style* “Just a momeeeennnt!”

(Laughter erupts from the backseat, as a coworker and I exchange a look, stifling laughter.)

Me: “Just let me know when you’re ready!”

Customer: *still singing* “Can I get twwooooo large chocolate shaaaakes!?”

(My headset is off, because I am laughing loudly as I enter their order.)

Customer: “And one laaarge strawberry shaaaake?”

Me: “Okay, I will have your total at the second window!”

(They get to the window, and it’s a woman and two young girls in the back, all of them with big grins, and giggling.)

Me: “That was absolutely fantastic! My coworker and I couldn’t stop laughing!”

Customer: “Did we make your night?”

Me: “Oh, yes!”

(After the customer leaves, we spend another 10 minutes just laughing until our sides hurt. Thank you so much for the laugh! It’s people like you who make it all worth it!)


This story is part of the second Drive-thru roundup! This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

23 Crazy Stories About Drive-Thru Customers

 

Read the next second Drive-Thru roundup story!

Read the second Drive-Thru roundup!

Petty People Make Petty Complaints

| Right | August 28, 2013

(I am serving a woman who comes in for lunch with her two children. They have been pleasant so far, and are waiting for their order to come out. The children’s food is done slightly before the mother’s, so I bring it out before it gets cold.)

Mother: “Where is my food?”

Me: “It’ll be out in a few minutes, so no worries!”

Mother: “But my children have their food now.”

Me: “Theirs was done a little sooner, but yours is on its way.”

Mother: “It’s not right that they get to eat before I do!”

Me: “Well, I’m sorry about the delay. Maybe you could have a few bites of their pizza while you’re waiting?”

Mother: “Are you saying that I should STEAL food from my CHILDREN?”

Me: “Oh, no, not at all! It’s just, sharing is caring, right?”

Mother: “I want to see the manager! This is ridiculous! I am NOT paying for this!”

Me: “Well all righty then…”

(She ends up getting everything for free, even though the manager told me later he was on my side. )

Loonie Over A Toonie, Part 3

, , , , | Right | August 28, 2013

(I work at a gift shop in Canada, just beside the US border, so we usually have a lot of American tourists. Our gift shop is one of the only places in the area that lets a customer perform their transactions in US currency.)

Customer: “Do you take real money?”

Me: *confused* “What do you mean?”

Customer: “Real money!”

(The customer holds up US currency.)

Me: “Oh, yes, we take Canadian or American, and we’ll give you American change back if we have some in the till.”

Customer: “Good. You people here are weird about your money.”

 

Not Addressing The Problem

| Right | August 28, 2013

(A customer calls in to report problems with their cell phone. I’ve determined it is a network issue.)

Me: “So, I will just need to know the location where you are so that I can tell the technician.”

Customer: “What? I’m not giving you the address! That’s not my job! I just need you to come out and fix it. It’s in Chicago.”

Me: “Well, in order for our techs to know what tower to fix, they need to know where you are having the issues. Without an address, I can’t put in the ticket.”

Customer: “No! I am not giving you the address! I am so sick and tired of this stuff! I had the same problem with [other provider]! You don’t need an address to fix it; you just don’t want to help!”

Me: “I do want to help, which is why I need an address. Even if the system would let me put the ticket in without an address, you’d then be waiting for months for a resolution while we check every tower in Chicago. In order to help, I need to know where to send my techs.”

Customer: “This is outrageous! I have a business to run! I don’t have time for this s***!”

Me: “It looks like you have a water-sprinkler company. If one of your customers reported a problem with a pipe you laid, would you go around the entire city checking every pipe, or would you require that customer to give you an address to assist?”

Customer: *huffs* “That is not the same thing, and you know it! Now get someone out here immediately!”