Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Archive for 2013

Jump to page:

The Height Of Delusion

| Related | September 23, 2013

(I’m hanging out with my cousin, who’s lamenting his singleness.)

Cousin: “I miss [ex-girlfriend]. Do you think she’d take me back?”

Me: “Uh… I doubt it. I think she’s a pretty different person now. Also, the last time I talked to her, she had a boyfriend.”

Cousin: “Yeah, I heard she hooked up with some old university buddy of hers. But I’m better than him.”

Me: “I’m not trying to put you down here, but what makes you say that?”

Cousin: “I’m taller.”

The First And True Language Of America

, , , , , | Right | September 23, 2013

(I’m waiting in line behind a woman who is speaking on her cellphone in another language. Ahead of her is a white man. After the woman hangs up, he speaks up.)

Man: “I didn’t want to say anything while you were on the phone, but you’re in America now. You need to speak English.”

Woman: “Excuse me?”

Man: *very slow* “If you want to speak Mexican, go back to Mexico. In America, we speak English.”

Woman: “Sir, I was speaking Navajo. If you want to speak English, go back to England.”


This story is part of our Native-American roundup.

Want to read the next story? Click here!

Want to read the roundup? Click here!

Call Of Duty: Misogynist Warfare, Part 4

| Working | September 23, 2013

(My older sister and I are buying ‘Ape Escape 3’ to play together. We go up to the counter and a worker I’ve never seen before is there.)

Me: “Hi, could we please buy this? I also have [store reward card].”

(I give him the game and card. He puts the game back where it was on the shelf.)

Sister: “What are you doing?!”

New Employee: “That game would be too hard for a couple of stupid girls like you.”

(I am offended, as I love video games and I am intelligent.)

Me: “Okay, I don’t want to deal with this. Is [employee I am friends with] here today?”

New Employee: “Fine, but he will just say the same thing.”

(The new employee gets my friend, and my sister gets the game again.)

My Friend: “Why did you call me out here?”

(The new employee explains what has happened.)

My Friend: “Okay, let me get this straight: you aren’t letting [Me] and her sister buy a video game just because they’re girls?”

(The new employee nods.)

My Friend: “You idiot. [My Name] is a frequent buyer here! She loves RPG games like Dragon Quest, Pokémon and Ape Escape, so let her buy the d*** game!”

(We get the game and take it home. A week later I go back to get ‘Dragon Quest VI,’ and I see that the new employee isn’t there. I ask my friend about it.)

My Friend: “Yeah, apparently he did the same thing to heaps of other girls, and he even got an extra $300 from an old man who was buying a video game system for his grandson’s birthday. He got fired!”

Related:
Call Of Duty: Misogynist Warfare
Call Of Duty: Misogynist Warfare, Part 2
Call Of Duty: Misogynist Warfare, Part 3


This story is part of our Awesome Girl Gamer roundup!

Read the next Awesome Girl Gamer roundup story!

Read the Awesome Girl Gamer roundup!

Honest About His Scam

| Right | September 23, 2013

(An eight-year-old boy has been pulling the same scam about three days a week for almost a month. He comes to the checkout with a few items and is always around $2 short. He freezes like a deer in headlights when asked if he would like to put an item back or go get more money. He’s gotten the act down so well, almost every time another customer feels bad for him and offers him the $2.)

Me: “Okay, the total is $12.12.”

Child: “I only have a $10.”

Me: “Do you want to put this back?” *holds up item* “It’s $2.19, so then you’d have enough.”

Child: “Ummmm. I don’t know. My mom needs it. She said to get these six things.”

Me: “You can go home and get the $2.12. I’ll hold these things here and you can come back to me and pay.”

Child: “Ummmm… I don’t…”

(Just then, a customer behind him speaks up.)

Customer: “I’ll give it to him.”

Me: “No. He does this all the time. We aren’t allowing other customers to pay anymore.”

Customer: “It’s just $2.”

Me: “Right, but he’s probably made $100 this month doing this same thing. We won’t allow any other customers to cover his groceries.” *turns to child* “You’ll need to go home and ask your mom what she wants you to do.”

(About 10 minutes later, the boy returns. I figure the boy has been pocketing the money, but it turns out he hasn’t.)

Child: “My mom said to get the money from another customer. She says they always give it to me, and why can’t I get someone to give it to me this time?”


This story is part of our Scammer roundup!

Want to read the next story? Click here!

Want to see the roundup? Click here!

Named And Shamed, Part 3

, | Right | September 23, 2013

(My debit card has just gone missing. I think I left it at the gas station after I got gas earlier, and now I’m at work. My name is a European variation of a common American name, and though spelled similarly, is quite different. For example, Kristen versus Kirsten. As such, when people read my name, they often use the American version. One of my coworkers calls me overusing my nickname.)

Coworker: “Hey, can you come here a moment?”

Me: “Sure, what’s up?”

Coworker: “This guy’s trying to use his girlfriend’s card.”

(The customer slides a credit card over that looks familiar.)

Me: “Uhm, can I see your ID?”

Customer: “It’s my girlfriend’s card; she’s out in the car. I can go get her.”

Me: “What’s her name?”

Customer: “Kristen [Last-Name].”

Me: “Spell her first name.”

Customer: “Why?”

Me: “Please?”

Customer: *sighs* “K R I S T E N.”

Me: “I’m sorry, but she’s going to have to come in and authorize the purchase. I’ll keep the card in the back office until you get back.”

Customer: “Give me the card, you b****!”

Me: “I can’t do that when I know this card is stolen.”

Customer: “It’s not stolen, c***! That’s my girlfriend’s card!”

Me: “No. This is my card. As you can see, my name tag is spelled correctly, and you spelled it wrong. Also, if you were my boyfriend, I’d break up with you just for not knowing what my name was.”

(I was very relieved to get my card back! Unfortunately, the customer had run up $300 worth of purchases, but luckily the restaurant I work at has a security camera, and we got his face on camera. I am later able to prove I didn’t make those purchases, so don’t have to pay for them!)

Related:
Named And Shamed, Part 2
Named And Shamed