Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Archive for 2012

Jump to page:

Hard Graphs Is Not Hard Graft

| Related | July 13, 2012

(My preteen daughter is highly gifted, and among other things, she loves to calculate, classify and list all sorts of things. She comes home very excited from school.)

Daughter: “Mum, mum, I’m so happy to be home!”

Me: “Why is that, sweetie?”

Daughter: “Because I have some graphs to do!”

(She goes straight for the computer and opens the program she uses to make graphs.)

Daughter: *gleefully* “Yay! I love doing this!”

At Least He’s Never Late To A Party

, , , | Working | July 13, 2012

(At our call center, our boss is often late, and also has a habit of calling his own phone instead of directly calling whoever he’s trying to reach. It’s a very busy day and our boss finally comes in, albeit two hours late.)

Boss: “Why didn’t any of you take the time to pick up my phone?”

Me: “Because the phones were red hot.”

Boss: “That is no excuse for you to not pick up that phone! When I call, I expect someone to pick it up. I was late, and I needed someone to verify that I was coming in!”

Me: “May I ask why you did not call the floor manager for that? They can make a note and make sure the others have a heads up in time.”

Boss: “Because I am hungover from the party! I was up until six in the morning, and didn’t feel like talking to those idiots! You better pick up next time. Otherwise, you can look for a different job!”

(Twenty minutes later, one of the managers comes in and grills my boss.)

Manager: *to my Boss* “Where were you? Why were you late?”

Boss: “I was still in bed and overslept. Why do you care?!”

Manager: “The head of our company came in this morning and wanted to talk to you about your recent amounts of being late. He isn’t happy at all.”

Boss: “Oh, crap.”

(Never saw him again after that.)

Free Attitude With Purchase

, , , , , , | Working | July 13, 2012

(It’s very early in the morning, and I am in the process of getting my apartment packed up when I run out of boxes. I run to a 24-hour store and pick up four boxes and two candy bars, one of which I eat before I get to the checkout. I show the empty candy bar wrapper to the cashier so I can pay for it.)

Cashier: *dirty look* “Well, did you enjoy it?”

Me: “Actually, I think I like the original flavor better.”

Cashier: *angrily* “So, you already tried it, but you’re buying it anyways?!”

Me: “Oh, the other one is actually for my roommate. She loves them!”

Cashier: “Well, I don’t know why you’d buy it if you already tried it.”

Me: “Um, sorry?”

Cashier: *sticks her tongue out in a ‘gag’ gesture* “EEEEEYYYEEECCCHHH!”

Me: “Okay?”

Cashier: “And why are you buying boxes? You can just ask your friends for boxes!”

Me: “Well, I’m moving at 6 am, and I don’t think any of my friends are up right now.”

Cashier: “There’s no reason to buy boxes. That’s just stupid!”

Me: *speechless*

It Was A Short-Terminology Relationship

, , , , , | Right | July 13, 2012

Me: “Just the belt for you today?”

Customer: “BELT!”

(He hands me his belt.)

Me: “Your total will be $21.09.”

Customer: “SWIPE!”

(He swipes his card.)

Me: “Would you like the receipt with you or in the bag?”

Customer: “RECEIPT!”

(I give him his receipt.)

Me: “Thank you. Have a nice day.”

Customer: “Thank you for allowing this relationship!”

This Caller’s Not Too Bright

, , | Right | July 13, 2012

Me: “Thank you for calling [Company] Tech Support. My name is [My Name]. How may I help you?”

Caller: “The technician needs to come.”

Me: “Sorry about the issue you are having, what seems to be happening?”

Caller: “It’s too bright!”

Me: “What seems to be too bright?”

Caller: “The light!”

Me: “What light are you talking about?”

Caller: “The light on the box!”

Me: “I’m sorry, what box are you referring to?”

Caller: “Internet light!”

Me: “Is this the light to your modem or your computer?”

Caller: “The light is too bright and I can’t sleep at night. I need the tech to come out and not make it bright!”

Me: “I’m sorry to hear that. Have you tried turning the modem around to face a wall or put something over the lights?”

Caller: “No, do you think that would work?”

Me: “Possibly.”

Caller: “Well, I still want my other box back! It wasn’t bright!”

Me: “…”