Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Archive for 2012

Jump to page:

Common Courtesies: Not For Commoners, Part 2

| Right | September 17, 2012

(A couple and their 5-year-old child comes into my 20 items or less lane. However, they have a large, overflowing cart with clearly more than 20 items.)

Me: “Hi, I’m sorry but are you aware this lane is 20 items or less?”

Customer: “Does it matter? Take care of us!”

(The customer starts unloading her items on the tiny counter. Meanwhile, her child is standing in the cart and starts throwing things.)

Me: *to the customer’s child* “Alright, sweetie, please don’t throw things.”

Customer: “Excuse me? Don’t you dare tell my kid what to do!”

Me: “Ma’am, he’s throwing things. He could hurt—”

(At this point the kid hefts up a very large can of broth and throws it at me, hitting me in the face.)

Customer’s Child: *laughs*

Customer: “Oh! Isn’t he cute?! Good job sweetie! We don’t treat these people nice. It’s good to learn early to make them shut up!”

(Another cashier took over for me so I could attend to my injuries, but before security could get there they had left the store. Thankfully nothing was broken, but I had a pretty bashed up looking face for a while!)

 

Someone Needs To Boof-riend Him

| Right | September 17, 2012

(A man approaches me while I’m at my register.)

Customer: “Excuse me; I have a question.”

Me: “Sure, what can I help you with?”

Customer: “What does ‘boof’ mean?”

Me: “Excuse me?”

Customer: “‘Boof.’ You guys have a bumper sticker that says ‘boof.'”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but I have no idea what ‘boof’ means.”

Customer: “The sticker is just dumb. It says, ‘My dog is my ‘boof.'”

Me: “Oh! ‘My dog is my BFF!'”

Customer: “Yeah, that’s what I said.”

Me: “It’s an abbreviation, sir. It means ‘best friends forever.'”

Customer: “Well, that’s dumb. How stupid do you have to be to have a dog as your best friend?!”


Did you find this story in our Best Friends Roundup?

Click here to go to the next story!

Click here to go back to the roundup!

Screaming Some Nonsense Can Lead To Slapping Some Sense

, | Right | September 17, 2012

(I’m working at a fast food restaurant when a man suddenly storms up to the counter, completely ignores the woman whose order I’m taking, and starts screaming obscenities at me.)

Customer: “All you f***ing losers can go straight to h***!”

Me: “What’s the problem?”

Customer: “Every time I come here, it happens! You always get it wrong! I ordered this burger without tomato, and look at this! There’s a d*** tomato on it!”

(He shoves the burger under my nose. I glance down and see that the burger isn’t ours, but our competitor’s, from across the street.)

Me: “I’m sorry, but I think you ordered this at [competitor restaurant] across the way. You need to complain to them.”

Customer: “I know what I’m talking about! I’m not a f***ing r*****!”

(Suddenly, the other customer he cut in front of slaps him on the backside of the head. Note that the other customer is a woman and can’t be more than five feet tall and a hundred pounds.)

Customer: “What the f***?!”

Other Customer: “You deserved that. You’re being stupid. Get the h*** out of here!”

Customer: “You telling me what to do, b****?!”

(She slaps him again, this time on the face.)

Other Customer: “Now, have you learned your lesson?”

Customer: *suddenly meek* “Yes, ma’am.”

Other Customer: “Good. Apologize.”

Customer: “I’m… I’m sorry. I must’ve went to the wrong place.”

(Dazed, the customer wanders out of the restaurant, leaving his burger behind. I gave the woman her meal for free!)

Introducing Not Always Right: Unfiltered!

Right | September 17, 2012

Ever wondered where the stories that don’t make it on to Not Always Right end up? Well, now you don’t have to wonder any longer:

Introducing Not Always Right: Unfiltered!

We appreciate every single post that is submitted, so we’ve decided to share them with everyone on Unfiltered!

PS: Unfiltered is Tumblr-powered, so if you’re on Tumblr, please follow us!

Warning: Not Always Right: Unfiltered posts are unedited and may contain offensive content unsuitable for minors and sensitive readers.

Keep Your Eye On That Coworker

| Working | September 17, 2012

(A new coworker has just started at her job. She seems really nice and normal. I have green/blue eyes.)

Coworker: “Do you wear coloured contacts?”

Me: “No, this is my natural colour.”

(Suddenly, she grabs my arm.)

Coworker: “I REALLY WANT YOUR EYES.”

(She was completely serious: she continued to stare at me for a few seconds before wandering off.)