Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Archive for 2012

Jump to page:

Education Is Bacon For Granted

| Right | September 21, 2012

(We are a college bookstore that sells fetal pigs that biology students must purchase and dissect for their labs. Students usually come in knowing whether they must purchase a male or female pig.)

Student: “Hi, I need to buy a fetal pig.”

Me: “No problem. Male or female?”

Student: “What’s the difference?”

Caught With Your Hand In The Cookie Case

, | Right | September 21, 2012

(A kid who I barely know from high school comes into the store where I work.)

Kid: “Hey, [my name], give me something free!”

Me: “No. Did you actually want to order something?”

Kid: “Depends. Can I at least have a discount?”

Me: “No.”

(The kid then proceeds to reach his hand inside the display case where the cookies are held. I notice this and shove the cookie tray against the case, causing his hand to be trapped.)

Me: “Take your hand out of there and leave before I call the cops.”

Kid: “But it’s stuck!”

Me: “I don’t care. Get your hand out now!”

(He pulls his hand out and ends up leaving with out ordering anything. Thankfully, he was never seen at our store again.)

The Diva Is Always Right, Part 2

| Right | September 21, 2012

(I work at the fitting room of a large retail store. I’m folding some shirts as a little girl and her mother walk by.)

Little Girl: “Mommy, this store has no ambiance.”

Mother: “No, it doesn’t.”

Little Girl: “I want AMBIANCE!”

Mother: *ignores her*

Little Girl: “AMBIANCE! AMBIANCE! AMBIANCE!”

(The little girl kept screaming all the way out the store!)

 

I Think We Can Man-age

| Working | September 21, 2012

(I’m a woman working with two of my male coworkers. Note that all the female employees have or are studying towards a university degree.)

Male Coworker: “It’s so annoying that [boss] is coming in today to cash up. Why can’t one of us just do it?”

Me: “Well, has he taught you how to do it?”

Male Coworker: “Well, no, but how hard can it be?” [Female Coworker #1] and [Female Coworker #2] can both do it.”

Me: “Well, yeah, it makes sense that he teaches them to do it since they work full-time. One of them is almost always here if [boss] isn’t working.”

Male Coworker: “Fine, but I’m smarter than them! He should teach me to do it!”

Me: “What makes you think you’re smarter than them?”

Male Coworker: “They’re women! Of course you wouldn’t understand.”

Me: *sarcastically* “We also got into university and actually do our jobs well, so I guess there’s that.”

Male Coworker: “Like I said, you wouldn’t understand!”

Where There’s Smoke, There’s Backfire, Part 2

| Right | September 20, 2012

(A young customer is trying to purchase cigars, so I ask for his ID. Note: I’m Caucasian, and so is he.)

Customer: “Why you askin’ for my ID for cigars? They ain’t cigarettes.”

Me: “It is a tobacco product and illegal to sell to minors.”

Customer: “That’s bulls***! Gimme a swisher! You’re just racist against me! Gimme a f***ing swisher!”

(Suddenly, the customer behind him speaks up. It turns out they’re a police officer.)

Officer: “He can’t without your ID. If you have a problem with it, let’s go outside. We can call your parents and we’ll have discussion about disturbing the peace.”

Customer: *turns pale and leaves*


Did you find this story from our No Smoking roundup?

Click here to get to the next story!

Click here to get back to the roundup!