Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Archive for 2012

Jump to page:

Out Bat-ter Angels

, , | Right | September 24, 2012

(I work at a hospital. Every week, we host an event where volunteers come in and entertain some of the sick children. On this particular day, most of the volunteers are dressed up as superheroes.)

Superman: “Who wants me to see if I can pull a penny out of their nose?”

Child #1: *in a wheelchair* “Me! Me!”

Superman: *doing his magic trick* “I’m afraid I can’t. All I could find were all these quarters!”

(Superman magically pulls out a quarter and gives it to [Child #1]. A few minutes later, [Child #1] returns.)

Child #1: “Superman! Superman! I bought candy with the money you found! This one’s for you.”

(At this point, one of two volunteers dressed as Spider-man speaks up.)

Spider-man #1: “Where’d he get that candy?”

Child #2: “There’s a vending machine in the hallway.”

Spider-man #1: “They let you buy candy? That’s not healthy.”

Spider-man #2: “I’m sure the nurses here are aware of what the kids eat.”

Child #2: “It’s true. They’re really strict.”

Spider-man #1: “It’s just not healthy…”

(Meanwhile, Superman is continuing his trick.)

Superman: “…and another one in the left ear, and another one in the right ear. Wait! I haven’t checked your nose for quarters yet.”

Child #3: *after Superman’s finished* “What kind of candy do you want, Superman?”

Superman: “Don’t worry about me, kid. I’m Superman! Superman can make candy with his mind.”

Child #3: “Nuh uh! I saw the movie!”

Superman: “Oh, yeah? Watch this!”

(He closes his eyes and concentrations hard, then pretends to catch something out of the air.)

Superman: “Ah-ha! Chocolate!”

Spider-man #1: “Don’t give her that. They get too much sugar.”

Nurse: “It’s fine, sir.”

Spider-man #1: “No!”

(All of a sudden, Spider-man #1 grabs the chocolate from Superman, throws it on the floor, and stomps on it. He’s clearly out of control and scaring the children.)

Spider-man #1: “Food like that will just keep you sick! They just want you to stay here and keep buying their s****y candy to keep you sick so they can get your money! They just—”

(At that moment, a man dressed as Batman appears with his cape wrapped around him. Surprised, Spider-man #1 begins stuttering.)

Spider-man #1: “Uh… what do you want?”

Batman: *in a deep voice* “I want this hospital to be a place of hope. I want these children to enjoy their lives. I want the forces of darkness forever beaten.”

(He drops the cloak, revealing the police uniform underneath it.)

Batman: *cuffs Spider-man #1* “I want justice!”

(The children all cheer, relieved. A month later, one of the children who has been in the hospital for a very long time is getting ready to leave. When someone asks him what his favorite memory of the volunteer nights was, he says…)

Child: “When crazy Spider-man went crazy and Batman took off his costume and he was an actually real hero and made crazy Spider-man go away!”


This story is part of the Superman roundup.

Click here to read the next story!

Click here to go to the roundup!

At Least They’ll Stop Being Short With Customers For A Change

| Working | September 24, 2012

(I’m in line at my local dollar store. The customer in front of me is short on her transaction of diapers and wipes.)

Customer: “Is it okay if I exchange for cheaper wipes real quick?”

Cashier: *rolls her eyes* “FINE, but you better be quick about it! There’s a customer behind you.”

Me: “Oh, I’m in no hurry take your time. I only have a couple of items anyway.”

(The customer hurries to the back of the store, grabs the cheaper wipes, and hurries back.)

Customer: “Sorry about that.”

Cashier: *rolls her eyes again* “Your total is now $6.79.”

Customer: “That’s still too high… I only have $6.00.”

Cashier: “It’s $6.79, NOT $6.00.”

(At this point, the customer is clearly distressed and embarrassed while she tries to decide what to put back.)

Me: *to the customer* “Hey i can cover the difference. No worries.”

Customer: *smiles*

Cashier: “You SURE you want to do that?”

Me: “Uh, yeah, why not? It’s only 79 cents.”

Cashier: “Fine!”

(Hearing the commotion, the manager comes over.)

Manager: “Is everything alright?”

Cashier: “Oh, this lady wants to help this other one with her purchase.”

Manager: *to me* “Oh, that is very nice of you.”

(As soon as the manager leaves, the cashier instantly goes back to being rude while she rings up my items. Needless to say, I reported the cashier to the same manager. Last I heard, the cashier got a pink slip!)

The Customers We Dill With

| Right | September 24, 2012

(A customer comes in the door and heads straight over to me.)

Customer: “Excuse me, do you all sell pickles?”

Me: “Uh, I’m sorry… do we sell what?”

Customer: “Pickles.”

Me: “Uh… no, we do not.”

Customer: “Darn. I coulda sworn you guys used to sell them here. Ah, well. Where are your blank cassette tapes?”

Me: “Uh, we don’t sell those, either.”

Customer: “Really? Well, what about batteries?”

Me: “No.”

Customer: “Greeting cards?”

Me: “Sir, this is a video rental store.”

Customer: “…So?”

Home Doesn’t Always Work

, , , | Right | September 24, 2012

(I am a year-five class teacher. I’m dismissing my class of nine- and ten-year-olds at the end of the day when a mother approaches me.)

Mother: “My son’s not been doing his homework!”

Me: “I know. He hasn’t handed his homework in for several weeks now.”

Mother: “Well, I’m not very happy about this!”

Me: “No, nor am I.”

Mother: “So, what are you going to do about it?”

Me: “I can’t make him do his homework. His homework is to be completed at home.”

Mother: “Why?”


Did you find this story using our Teacher roundup?

Click here to read the next story!

Click here to get back to the roundup!

Diff’rent Clothes

| Right | September 24, 2012

(I’ve recently been hired at a small retail chain as a cashier. Since I’m new, I haven’t received my uniform yet, so I have to work in my regular clothes.)

Me: “Hi! How are you today?”

(The customer stares inquisitively at my shirt, then stares back at me. I happen to be wearing a shirt with a picture of Gary Coleman on it.)

Customer: “Aren’t you a little too young to be wearing that? Do you even know who Gary Coleman is?”

Me: “Whatchoo talkin’ bout?”