Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Archive for 2011

Jump to page:

Nailing The Right Gift

| Romantic | December 25, 2011

(It’s Christmas morning, and my boyfriend and I are exchanging gifts. We’ve been together for over 4 years at this point.)

Him: “Wait, there’s one more for you.”

Me: “Okay…”

(He reaches behind his back and gets down on a knee. I start tearing up.)

Him: “Here you go, a gift certificate for a mani/pedi. You deserve it!”

(A few years later and we’re still together…and I have excellent nails!)

One Good Takeout Deserves Another

, , , , , | Right | December 25, 2011

(A few years ago, around noon on Christmas day, several dozen Chinese people walked into our Kosher deli-style restaurant, apparently in a group. One walked up to the front desk.)

Man: *softly* “Is it okay if we’re here?”

Hostess: “Yes, we serve everyone, but are you sure you’re in the right place?”

Man: “This is [Restaurant], right?”

Hostess: “Yes, sir, it is.”

Man: “Well, we figured since you Jews are all coming to our restaurants tonight, we’d return the favor.”

Hostess: *slightly shocked* “Thanks. Right this way… We’ll seat you!”

(…and they’ve been back every year since!)


This story is part of the Lunar New Year roundup!

Read the next Lunar New Year roundup story!

Read the Lunar New Year roundup!


This story was included in our Chinese Restaurant Roundup.

Click here to read the next story!

Click here to go to the roundup!

Christmas Is Off To A Rocky Start

, , , , , | Related | December 25, 2011

(A little boy and his mother enter the store. The little boy is toting a fairly good-sized rock with both hands.)

Little Boy: “Mama, I want one of those toys for Christmas!”

(The little boy gestures to toys on display.)

Mother: “What do you want toys for? You don’t need toys! You have a perfectly good rock!”


This story is part of the Family-At-Christmas Roundup!

Read the next Family-At-Christmas Roundup story!

Read the Family-At-Christmas Roundup!

Tis The Season To Be Tired (Of Customers)

, , , , | Right | December 25, 2011

(During the Christmas season, we managers at my store often work 12+ hour days. This day is one of them, and I have been there since 7:30 in the morning; it is now 8 pm. A customer approaches me.)

Customer: “Wow, you sure look tired. When did you start?”

Me: “7:30–”

Customer: “That’s the problem with today’s generation. Can’t work a full day without looking like they are falling asleep!”

Me: “AM, sir.”

Customer: “Oh…” *walks off with a blank stare on his face*

Hurting Your Sibling’s Fillings

| Related | December 24, 2011

(I am getting my molars removed for the first time, and I’m freaking out. My sister decides to take advantage.)

Me: *to receptionist* “So, where are they going take me for the procedure?”

Sister: “A dark, scary dungeon.”

Me: *to sister* “Ha. Ha. Very funny.” *to receptionist* “How’s the dentist planning on sedating me?”

Receptionist: “Well-”

Sister: “They’re going to strap you to a table and beat you with a log until you’re unconscious. Or your teeth fall out. Whichever comes first.”

Me: *to receptionist* “How long am I going to be out?”

Receptionist: “Well–”

Sister: “Years.”

Receptionist: “Oh my God, would you stop? Your brother is turning pale!”


This story is part of our Sisters’ Day roundup!

Read the next Sisters’ Day story here!

Read the Sisters’ Day roundup!