Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Archive for 2010

Jump to page:

The Point Of No Return

, , , , | Right | May 6, 2010

Me: “Thank you for calling. How can I help you?”

Customer: “You charged my credit card forty-five dollars. Can I get a refund?”

(I pull up his account.)

Me: “Okay. I see that you rented two movies that were never returned and you were charged the sale price of the movies.”

Customer: “Well, I was on vacation and I forgot to return them on time.”

Me: “Let me go check the shelves for them; it’s possible that they didn’t get checked in properly. If I find them I can put a credit on your account that you can use whenever you’re in the store next.”

Customer: “I didn’t return them.”

(It’s been over two months since the movies were originally due.)

Me: “You didn’t return them?”

Customer: “Nope.”

Me: “Sir, you would like me to pay you for renting movies and never bringing them back?”

Customer: “Uh-huh.”

Me: “I’m not going to do that.”

Customer: “Okay… I just thought I’d ask.”


This story is part of the Movie Rental roundup!

Read the next Movie Rental roundup story!

Read the Movie Rental roundup!

Naturally Stupid

, , , | Right | May 6, 2010

Me: “Front desk, how can I help you?”

Customer: “There’s a noise outside and it’s keeping me awake.”

Me: “What does it sound like, ma’am?”

Customer: “Squeaky toys or something. Do you allow dogs here?”

Me: “Yes, ma’am, we do, but they’re all on the first floor. Let me see if anyone is out back and I’ll call you right back to let you know what I find out.”

(I go and check out back and there isn’t anyone out there. However, the sound of the early spring frogs is deafening. I call her back.)

Me: “Ma’am, those are frogs.”

Customer: “Well, can you turn them off?”

Me: “No, ma’am, they’re frogs.”

Customer: “Well, I didn’t come here for your nature sounds. I’m only staying here because I need a place to sleep. I refuse to pay for the sound of frogs.”

Me: “Well, the nature sounds are complimentary.”

Customer: “Oh, well… good night, then.”


This story is part of our Customers Versus Mother Nature roundup!

Read the next Mother Nature roundup story!

Read the Mother Nature roundup!

The Twelve (Billion) Days Of Christmas

, , , | Right | May 6, 2010

(This takes place on Christmas Eve.)

Customer: “What’s this about you guys closing tomorrow?”

Me: “Yes, we are closed for Christmas day so we can have time with our families.”

Customer: “But if you’re closed, then what am I supposed to feed my family with!? You guys are supposed to be open all the time!”

Me: “But what about our families? Can’t we spend time with them?”

Customer: “No, because you’re supposed to be here working and serving us food!”


This story is part of the Christmas Eve roundup! This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

18 Chill-Inducing Stories About Freezing Weather And Those Who Can’t Handle It (And A Few Who Can)

 

Read the next Christmas Eve roundup story!

Read the Christmas Eve roundup!

Totally Flunked That One

, , , , , | Right | May 6, 2010

(I am working in a cafe near one of the main halls for university examinations, for which the students have to wear full robes. Every time an exam finishes, the students come out and celebrate with champagne and confetti.)

Tourist: “Excuse me, what time is the next show?”

Me: “I’m sorry? There’s a theatre round the corner from here. They might be able to help you.”

Tourist: “No, the next university show. With the costumes and everything.”

Me: “I’m afraid that’s not a performance. Those are the university’s students, and they’re finishing their exams.”

Tourist: “So, when will the next one finish? I want to bring my wife.”


This story is part of our Clueless Tourists roundup!

Want to read the next story? Click here!

Want to read the roundup? Click here!

In Need Of Humble Pi

, , , , | Right | May 5, 2010

Me: “Would you like to donate to [Charity] today?”

Customer: “Okay. Round my total up to $30.”

(I pull out a calculator to figure out how much it is to round up to $30. The customer’s total is $25.78.)

Customer: “It’s sad that you need a calculator to figure that out. It’s $7.32.”

Me: “Actually, ma’am, it’s $4.22.”

Customer: “Oh.”


This story is part of our “Customers terrible at math” roundup!

Read the next “Customers terrible at math” roundup story!

Read the “Customers terrible at math” roundup!