Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Archive for 2009

Jump to page:

Tip Of The Day: How To Apply For A Federal Bailout

, , , | Right | May 21, 2009

Me: “Alright, sir, you’re all set. Anything else I can do for you today?”

Bank Customer: *jokingly* “Yeah, you can deposit a million dollars into my account.”

Me: “Sir, if I had a dollar for every time someone said that, I’d have a million dollars.”

Bank Customer: *hangs up laughing*

Desktop Hunters And Gatherers

, , , | Right | May 21, 2009

(A customer is at our electronics store looking at the Macs.)

Customer: “Is this that Windows Vi-ah-ster?”

Me: “You mean Windows Vista? No, these are Macs, sir.”

Customer: “Right, Windows Vista, exactly.”

Me: “Are you going to buy one?”

Customer: “Yeah, got anything that’s under $200?”

Me: “Not in the Apple section, and I really wouldn’t advise you get a $200 Vista rig anyway. It will run slowly.”

(He goes over, finds a low-end rig, and gets it anyway. He’s back a day later.)

Customer: “Ya, it’s not workin’.”

Me: “I told you, why didn’t you listen?”

Customer: “Oh, I saw two comp-ooh-ters at that price, and the other one looked better.”

Me: “Looked better… how?”

Customer: “The paint was shinier.”

Two Wrongs Don’t Make A Right

, , , | Healthy | May 20, 2009

CONTENT WARNING: This story contains content of a medical nature. It is not intended as medical advice.

(I work in healthcare and am talking to a man in his fifties who is having angina for the first time.)

Me: “You haven’t had a heart attack, but this pain is probably coming from your heart.”

Man: “But I’m only fifty-something, and there are no heart problems in my family. Why would that be?”

Me: “You smoke thirty cigarettes a day and drink two cartons of beer per week. That’s not good for your heart. You should think about cutting down.”

Man: “I’m sick of you people telling me that bulls***! It’s a scientifically proven fact that smoking makes your arteries smaller, and drinking makes them bigger! If I keep drinking and smoking, I’ll be fine!”

Me: “That’s not at all how it works, but I see I’m not going to change your mind. You’ll be going upstairs soon.”

Man: “I want to go out for a smoke!”

Me: “That’s really not a good idea.”

Man: “What would you know?!”

Me: *gives up*

Always Right, Especially When It’s Mom

, , , , | Right | May 20, 2009

Coworker: “Guys! There’s a car pulled in backward in the drive-thru. They’re backward!”

Backward Customer: “Hi, I just want a fish sandwich and a chocolate milkshake.”

Coworker: “I’m sorry. We don’t have those items. Is there something else I can get you?”

Backward Customer: “No, I just want a fish sandwich and a chocolate milkshake!”

Coworker: “Ma’am, do you realize you’re at [Mexican Fast Food Restaurant]? Would you like a taco?”

Backward Customer: “Okay, okay, we’re kidding! [My Name], this is your mom and [Aunt]!”

(Family are the worst customers!)


This story is part of our Backward roundup!

Read the next Backward roundup story!

Read the Backward roundup!

Like A Robber In A Donut Shop

, , , , , | Right | May 20, 2009

(This is early December, when most of the companies have their big night out. A visibly drunk patron needs to be asked to leave due to inebriation.)

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but I think you’ve had enough for tonight, and I think it’s best if you call it a night.”

Customer: “What? I’m not druuunk! You’re ouuut of yoooour mind!”

(I guide the drunk customer to the door, which he immediately grabs a hold of to resist being led out of the bar.)

Customer: “I’m not leaving! You’re going to have to call the cops to get me out of here!”

Me: “Well, sir, if you take a look over at the table with the people looking very intently at us… that’s the police department’s Christmas party.”

Customer: *leaves, rather expediently*


Did you find this story using our Police roundup?

Click here to read the next story!

Click here to get back to the roundup!