Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Customers In Glass Stores Shouldn’t Throw Stones

| Right | August 27, 2014

(My store is right next to a movie theater in a really rich area. The mall mostly caters to wealthy adults, and as such does not have a food court. My store is the only non-sit down food in the mall. I have just closed down for the night. My store front is glass without blinds.)

Group Of Teenagers: *banging on the windows and doors* “Hey! Let us in! We need cookies!”

(They then proceed to pull on the door and make all sorts of noise. Finally I confront them.)

Me: “My store is closed. You were aware of this and still you banged on the door and nearly set off the alarm. Now you have left marks all over my windows and doors. You will clean them up now, and then you will leave.”

(I hand them paper towels and window cleaner.)

Lead Teenage Boy: “I don’t have to do that! You can’t make me! What’ll happen if I don’t?”

Me: Well, [Lead Teenage Boy], not only do I know your name, as well as where you live, I can ban you from the store and have security escort you from the property. I can also look at the door carefully and if there is damage, file a report with the police department. I guess you forgot that I used to ride your bus, didn’t you?

(They proceeded to clean up the windows and never banged on my doors again. Believe it or not, they were not the only kids whom I made clean the glass.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!