Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Completely Obamacareless

, , , | Right | July 16, 2015

(I work in client intake for a private pay home health care. We don’t take insurance of any kind and cater to a wealthier crowd in a home health agency. A woman calls up demanding care.)

Me: “Hello. this is [Company]. How can I help you today?”

Client: “Yes, I need to get set up with care in my home!”

Me: “Great, I will just need to get some information from you and get one of our nurses to come out and do an assessment with you.”

(I explain our pricing and our rates, I explain we are private pay only and do not accept insurance of any kind.)

Client: “Oh, this sounds wonderful! My doctor. told me you would all take wonderful care of me! Who do I have my doctor fax the orders for Medicaid to?”

Me: “Ma’am, as I have already stated to you we do not take Medicaid or any other insurance!”

Client: “Yeah, but my doctor wrote an order! You have to do it!”

Me: “I am sorry, but because we do not work with insurance companies a doctor can not just write an order and expect us to take it. We are not set up to even work with Medicaid.”

(I explain again how we work and how our payment system is set up etc.. making sure to let her know clearly that we do not take any insurance and that she will have to pay 100% out of pocket!)

Client: “Well, this is just stupid! You have to take care of me! I chose to call you! You cannot turn down a customer! I want care and you need to have a caregiver here by tomorrow or I will sue you!”

Me: “Ma’am, I am sorry but we can’t do that. It’s not possible. Would you like the names and numbers of companies that take Medicaid and can provide you with a home health aid?”

Client: “No, I hate companies that take Medicaid! They all suck and the caregivers don’t work!”

Me: “So, you are okay with our pricing and paying for the care yourself?”

Client: “No, you will take my insurance or get sued!”

Me: *click*

(She called back for over two hours with me hanging up on her over and over again. She complained to her doctor, who called us and talked to me about how our services work. Turned out he had recommended us to this client as she does not qualify for in home health through Medicaid and told her the reason we could provide care is because we don’t take insurance and the client would be paying for the care herself!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!