Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

To Protect And Disservice

| Friendly | July 3, 2015

(I’m walking home when suddenly a police car drives up near the crossroad. It has no signal on, so I wait just in case. The police officer stares at me through the window, and doesn’t move. I think he is waiting, until I start to cross. Next thing I know, the car is in front of me. I run, and the car is rolling down his window.)

Officer: *angrily* “Are you trying to get yourself killed? Dumb kids these days, their heads tucked into their phones!”

Me: “Officer! I am so very sorr—”

Officer: “What?! You have an iPad, too?!”

(Our school recently received iPads, and instead of making my bag heavier, I had decided to carry my phone and iPad.)

Me: “Please, sir—”

(The officer begins ranting about how back in his days, they went outside and played with dirt, and made toys out of dirt. I begin to get irritated, and speak up.)

Me: “Officer, I really understand that back in your days, you did things differently, but it not my fault that you did not have a signal. My dad actually taught me things about cars, about how you should put a signal on, at least. And aren’t you a police officer? You’re ranting at a child; people are staring. Not to be rude or anything, officer, but this is definitely not my fault.”

Officer: “I… but… I’m a police officer.”

Me: “A police officer is meant to be nice to citizens. I’ve been in this town my entire life. You must be new. You’re kinda holding up a line.”

(And I was right. A ton of cars were piling behind the officer, and their faces were obviously irritated. The cop’s face turned tomato red, and he drove off.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!