Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Children Of The Candy Corn

| Right | February 20, 2013

(I notice a mother has three children with her; the youngest (and only boy) is about eleven. As I am ringing up her groceries, the boy is looking at a rather large bag of candy on the belt.)

Me: “Did you find everything alright today ma’am?”

Customer’s Son: “Mom! Get me some candy!”

(As he says this, the son starts grabbing candy bars from a display and puts them on the belt.)

Customer: “I already bought you a bag of candy.”

Customer’s Son: “I WANT SOME CANDY!”

Me: “Sorry, your mother said you couldn’t have any.”

Customer’s Son: “Shut up!”

(I ignore him and as the candy comes down the belt, I take it off, intending to put it back. However, the son sees me do this.)

Customer’s Son: “Hey! Stop that! I want that candy!” *turns to his mother* “Make her stop! Make her give me the candy!”

Customer: “I just bought you a big bag of candy!”

(This exchange goes on for a while, and finally the mother caves and I reluctantly ring up the candy. I begin to bag it as the boy goes through the bags, grabbing the large bag of candy, hugging it to his chest, and running out of the store.)

Me: “I normally don’t give opinions on kids, but he could have at least helped you carry out the bags.”

Customer: “Oh, he’s the only boy in our family. We have to spoil him and he knows it!” *leaves*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!