Tourists & Travelers Themed Giveaway Roundup! Here’s a final roundup of stories from last month’s themed giveaway!
- Canada: America’s Hat, Part 7 (1,245 thumbs up)
- Yukon Freeze It, Part 3 (1,115 thumbs up)
- No Vocation For Location, Part 7 (1,029 thumbs up)
- Having A Light Bulb Moment, Part 3 (843 thumbs up)
- Dumb By Any Metric, Part 2 (1,150 thumbs up)
- Ye Olde Fool (1,498 thumbs up)
- Waiting For That Light Bulb Moment That Never Comes (1,174 thumbs up)
- No ID, No Idea, Part 12 (1,000 thumbs up)
- A Large Intelligence Gulf (Of Mexico) (1,170 thumbs up)
- Loonie Over A Toonie, Part 3 (802 thumbs up)
PS #1: check out our Extras section, with pictures, videos, and news galore!
PS #2: Read more roundups here!
Coworker: “Here they come.”
Coworker: “The ‘Drink Ladies From Hell.’”
(Five women and their five-year-old daughters enter. The kids are wearing ballet outfits, and clearly have just come from dance lessons.)
Woman: “Five waters, to go, please.”
(We fill up five Styrofoam cups of water, at no charge. The women plant themselves at a table and talk for about an hour. The kids run wild through the restaurant, pulling napkins from other tables, spilling salt and pepper, and just generally making a mess. They do this every week for more than a year. To my knowledge, they have never spent any money with us.)
(A little boy, around five or six, comes into my work with his parents. He has a scab below his eye.)
Me: “Hey, buddy! What happened to your eye?”
Boy: *looking down, embarrassed* “I fell off a chair.”
(I lean down, and whisper to him just loud enough for his parents to hear.)
Me: “Just tell people you got in a fight with a bear, and WON!”
Boy: *lights up* “Yeah! Dad, can I say that?”
Dad: “Well, that’s what happened, right? You got in a fight with a bear and WON!”
Want to win a Not Always Right t-shirt?
Enter Not Always Right’s September Themed Story Giveaway:
Entering is as easy as 1-2-3:
- Submit a funny or interesting story about young customers.
- Enter your email address in the form to qualify.
- All posted stories will be entered in a drawing to win a free t-shirt gift certificate, to use in the official Not Always Right shop!
PS: Congratulations to a lucky reader for winning August Themed Story Giveaway, which featured stories about Tourists & Travelers. The winning submission: There Is A Meth To This Madness (2,698 thumbs up).
PS #2: winners will be announced the first Wednesday of every month. Next free t-shirt gift certificate: Wednesday, October 2!
(I overhear a library patron talking to his small daughter.)
Patron: “You’re turning five today; do you know what that means?”
Patron: “Do you know what you finally get today? It’s so exciting!”
Daughter: “A pink Nintendo DS?!”
Patron: “What? Uh, no. We’re getting you a library card.”
Me: “…weeee! Happy birthday!”