Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Can’t Re-Coup The Plastic

| Right | June 23, 2015

(It is nearing the end of my shift and so far everybody has been wonderful. A customer comes up to my till, wanting to do multiple transactions. She believes this will get her the best deal with coupons, even though it makes no difference.)

Me: “I can ring it up all together; it would be easier and faster.”

Customer: *in a snippy tone* “No! Separate! But you can bag it together.”

(Not wanting to cause an argument I say nothing else and start ringing her items up, I move to put the first three items into the same bag. It’s a bit snug but still very easy to carry and not at all heavy. But the customer decides to snap at me.)

Customer: “Would you want your items to be bagged like this?”

Me: “Yes, I would. I believe in saving plastic.”

Customer: “I don’t care about saving plastic. Just put it into separate bags.”

(I do so and continue on with her multiple transactions in silence as I’m a bit upset by her rudeness at this point. I finish up and realize that she did not get the best deal that she could have, so trying to be nice I tell her this.)

Me: “Just to let you know, if you have three items and they add up to $45 you could use three $5 off coupons instead of three 20% off coupons…”

Customer: *still incredibly rude* “Do you think I can’t count? I know how to do this. I know what works best.”

($5 off $15 is 33% and 20% of anything is only 20%, it appears as if she cannot count.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!