Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Calling Her Bluff

, , | Right | February 25, 2008

Customer: “Yeah, this movie didn’t play right. It keeps skipping. I want a different one.”

Me: “Okay, if you want to go grab another copy off the shelves I’ll get this checked in.”

(I scan the movie and it is three days late.)

Me: “Ma’am, this movie is three days late.”

Customer: “So?”

Me: “So… I’ll have to charge you full price to rent another movie, and you’ll need to pay the late fee.”

Customer: “THE MOVIE DIDN’T WORK. I SHOULD GET ANOTHER ONE FREE!”

Me: “Well, it was a three-day rental, and you could have brought it in anytime in those three days and we would have been happy to exchange it free of charge. However since it’s late, I can’t do that.”

Customer: “THIS IS F****** BULL-S***! LET ME TALK TO YOUR MANAGER!”

Me: “I am the manager, ma’am.”

Customer: “F****** RIDICULOUS! THE MOVIE DIDN’T PLAY!”

Me: “I’m sorry, but you had a full three days to bring it back.”

Customer: “I WAS F****** BUSY!”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, that’s not my fault.”

Customer: “GIVE ME YOUR BOSS’ NUMBER! I’M GOING TO REPORT YOUR A**! [Boss’s Name] IS AN OLD FRIEND AND YOU’RE GOING TO GET FIRED!”

(I give her the number and she storms out, muttering. I call my boss.)

Me: “Just so you know, you might be getting a call from your friend, [Customer’s Name] trying to get me fired.”

My Boss: “Who the h*** is [Customer’s Name]?”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!