Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Best To Avoid The Void

, , , | Right | January 13, 2011

(I can’t cancel sales. If a customer doesn’t want an item, I must void it and it still appears on the next receipt with the deletion below. This conversation takes place after I voided a $30 CD player and another customer comes through.)

Customer: “The previous lady’s CD player is still on my receipt. I don’t want to pay for it!”

Me: “Sorry, madam, but if you look just below the CD player It says ‘Void CD Player’ and there is a -$30 next to it, meaning the money has already come off your total.”

Customer: *agitated* “I’m not very good at maths, but that doesn’t sound right. I don’t believe you.”

Me: “The total of your items was only $16.50. If you had to also pay for the CD player, it would have been $46.50. You only gave me $20.”

Customer: “I don’t believe you. If I figure out how you tricked me I’ll be back!”


This story is part of our “Customers terrible at math” roundup!

Read the next “Customers terrible at math” roundup story!

Read the “Customers terrible at math” roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!