Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Best Not Order The French Fries

, , , , | Right | November 30, 2010

(I come in on my day off to get my paycheck. Before I go, my boss asks me to help with a table of two people who are speaking mostly French. When I am done, another customer calls me over.)

Customer: “Excuse me, don’t you work here?”

Me: “Yes, sir, I do. It’s just my day off today. Would you like me to get your server?”

Customer: “What were you just talking in? It was some kind of foreign talk. At that other table there?”

Me: “Oh, I speak a little bit of French, so I was helping the server.”

Customer: “You can do that?”

Me: “Do what, sir?”

Customer: “You can speak French in here? Isn’t that illegal?!”

Me: “To speak French?”

Customer: “Yeah! I mean, this is a Mexican restaurant. You could get shot for speaking in French! Or even just thinking about talking in French!”

Me: “Well–”

Customer: “Shot!”

Me: “I don’t think–”

Customer: “Shot!”

Me: “Sir–”

Customer: “SHOT, I SAID!”

Boss: “It’s okay. She was thinking about the words in Spanish.”

Customer: “Oh, good.” *whispers to me* “Don’t ever try to talk in British in here. It won’t end well.”

(My boss made a gun out of paper clips and attached them to all of my paychecks after that.)


This story is part of the Mexican Restaurant roundup!

Read the next Mexican Restaurant roundup story!

Read the Mexican Restaurant roundup!


This story is part of our Foreign Languages roundup!

Read the next Foreign Languages roundup story.

Read the Foreign Languages roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!