Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Awesome Customers Do Exist

, , , | Right | November 22, 2007

8:55 pm: I’m guarding the door at work, waiting for the last couple of customers to finish up and get the heck out. They are going kinda slow, but I can’t kick them out because they were in the store before we close.

9:05 pm: They finally got what movies they wanted and are just about to pay when another guy tries to come in.

Late Customer: “Hold on, please! I just need to get one thing!”

Me: “Sorry, sir, it’s past 9 pm. These are the last customers for the night.”

Late Customer: “But all I want to get is a PS2. Why can’t you get it for me?”

Me: “Because you came in after 9, we want to close up.”

Late Customer: “But they are getting stuff.”

Me: “They were in here before 9.”

Late Customer: “So you aren’t gonna help me? I wanna speak to your manager! Are you the manager?”

(This is the fun part, one of the women buying stuff chimes in:)

Woman Customer: “Yeah, I’m the manager and we need to get the heck out of here to go home! You should have gotten here earlier!”

Late Customer: *Flabbergasted* “Wha? Well… YOU LOST A SALE!” *storms out*

Manager: *the real one* “…Wow. Thank you very much!”

Me: “Ditto! Thanks a lot and have a wonderful night!”


This story is part of the Closing Time roundup!

Read the next Closing Time roundup story!

Read the Closing Time roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!