Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

At Least His Daughter Is On The Right Track

, , , , , | Right | August 6, 2012

(I’m a seventeen-year-old girl. I work as a hostess to pay for my gas money at a local restaurant that specializes in seafood. A family of three walks in: a mom, dad, and their daughter. They’re all well-dressed and the daughter is texting away on an iPhone.)

Wife: “We have a reservation.”

Me: “Name?”

Wife: *gives their last name*

Me: “Ah, yes, here it is. Table for three. If you would please follow me…”

(I lead them to a table by the window.)

Wife: “Thank you.”

Husband: “Don’t thank her! This is unacceptable!”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, is there a problem?”

Husband: “OF COURSE there’s a problem! I want to be seated outside!”

Me: “My apologies, sir, but all of the tables outside are taken. Your reservation has no specified preference, so according to restaurant policy, I took you to the first available table. Would you like to wait until a table on the patio is open?”

Husband: “No! I want to be seated right now!”

Wife: *to her husband* “Calm down, please.”

Husband: “Your service is horrible!”

Me: “I can get the manager for you if you would like.”

Husband: “Do it, now!”

(The entire time, the daughter is still texting away. I fetch my manager and he sends me back to work. Two hours later, the family walks out. The daughter slips me something and leaves without a word. It’s a note and three folded twenty-dollar bills.)

Daughter’s Note: “Sorry that my dad is such an a**. I hope this makes up for it, and congratulations on the track meet last Thursday. We stayed inside, just so you know!”

(Upon closer inspection, it turns out that she runs for one of our rival schools. I knew she looked familiar!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!