Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Ask Me Questions, I Tell You Lies

, , , , | Right | January 14, 2010

(A customer brings in a twenty-year-old pool cleaner.)

Customer: “I need you to wet-test this for me!”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, we don’t offer that service. If you like, we can check it in and bench test it.”

Customer: “Fine, but I wanna watch what you’re doing. I just had it in here last week, and it’s broken again!”

Me: “Do you remember who worked on it?”

Customer: “It was that kid with all those tattoos”.

(One of our employees has a small tattoo on his arm. While the customer flips out, I find the problem: a part was put in upside-down.)

Me: “You sure [Coworker] worked on this?”

Customer: “Yes! I knew he would mess it up!”

Me: “Well, here is your problem. This part was upside down. Did you install this yourself?

Customer: “Yes, I bought it here last week! And your guys came to my house last week; he cut off all my pipes, and he ruined my equipment!”

Me: “Sir, the last service done at your house was three months ago… a filter clean.”

Customer: “You’re not helpful at all!” *leaves*


This story is part of our Customers Caught Lying roundup!

Read the next Customers Caught Lying roundup story!

Read the Customers Caught Lying roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!