Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Arguing To The Bitter End

, | Right | December 21, 2013

(First thing in the morning we had a mishap which resulted in both our tea urns to be filled with sweet tea. Unfortunately, several customers got sweet tea instead of unsweet before we noticed the mix up.)

Coworker: *over headset* “Look out! This customer got the wrong tea and is really mad!”

(As my coworker speaks, a customer speeds up to my window. As soon as I open the window she throws her tea at me and starts screaming.)

Customer: “I’ll get you b******s for this! How dare you do this to me! I demand compensation for my troubles! You little s***s could have killed me!”

(Although soaked in sticky tea, I make her a new drink. I get an okay from my manager to pacify her with a small dessert item. Meanwhile, she has been screaming through the closed window the whole time.)

Me: “Here is your tea, ma’am. Again, I’m sorry for the mix up.”

Customer: “Don’t you lie to me. I know you don’t give a s*** about me or any of your other customers!”

Me: “In any case, ma’am, my manager has offered you a small dessert item for your troubles. We have chocolate chip or oatmeal cookies. We also have hot apple pies.”

Customer: “I can’t have any of that crap! I can’t have any sugar or I’ll DIE! See, you don’t care at all. Lying little b****! I’ll never eat here again!”

(Later in my shift during lunch, a very familiar woman comes up to the counter and targets me.)

Customer: “You! You need to get me two dozen of each of your cookies. Make it fast!”

Me: “Yes, ma’am. Four dozen cookies comes to [price].”

Customer: “Oh, h*** no! I was told I’d get them for free! You f*****d up my order this morning. The manager said I could have free cookies! Just ask them.”

Me: “Ma’am, I assure you the manager did not agree to give you four dozen cookies for free.”

Customer: “Yes, they did! I hope you’re fired for this. You are just as rude as that little b**** that sabotaged my order!”

Me: “Ma’am, I did not sabotage your order. While I did offer you a small bag of cookies or an apple pie this morning, you turned it down. At no point was there ever an agreement that you could come in at your discretion and demand cookies from us. I’m sorry, ma’am. I must ask you to leave if you are not going to place an order.”

(A look of slow realization passes her face when she recognizes me as the employee she harassed earlier.)

Customer: “Well, fine! I didn’t want your crummy cookies anyway!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!