Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

An Unfortunate Choice Of Words

, | Right | April 6, 2008

(I worked for a large Internet service provider; customers are set up with an email address of their choice, over the phone. Someone obviously misheard her.)

Me: “Thank you for calling high speed internet technical support. How can I help you?”

Customer: “I can’t get my email.”

Me: “I should be able to help with that … let me pull up your information and I will see what I can do for you.”

Customer: “My email address is SweetyPetty@***.***.”

(I pull up the customer’s info.)

Me: “I see here that your email address is … SweatyT*tties@***.***.”

Customer: “WHAT! That’s not my email address! I demand it be changed now!”

Me: *having entirely too much fun with policy* “Oh I can do that for you, ma’am, but if I do the email address SweatyTitties will be unavailable for 30 days. Are you sure you don’t want SweatyT*tties?”

Customer: “No, I don’t want SweatyT*tties!”

Me: “Okay, so I will delete SweatyT*tties off your account and replace it with SweetyPetty.”

(At this point, the other tech support people around me are laughing.)

Customer: “YES, YES please get rid of SweatyT*tties!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!