Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

An Accidental Hero

| Right | February 12, 2013

(I work at a grocery store. I see two teenage boys come in and grab a few things.)

Teenager #1: *slightly dazed * “Hey… can I ask you a question?

Me: “Um… sure?”

Teenager #1: “Do we look bad?”

Me: “Bad? How do you mean bad?”

Teenager #1: “Like, you know, accident-bad?”

Me: “Well, I did notice you two are a bit scuffed up.”

Teenager #1: “We flipped our four wheeler when some guy tried to run us off the road.”

Me: “Oh my gosh! Are you both alright?”

Teenager #1: “We think so. All we want to do is just get our stuff for tonight and head back home.”

(Just then, the other teenager promptly keels over. I call my manager and we get an ambulance to store. The EMTs check out both and report that they are both good and that the second one only passed out from the shock that settled in. Once the EMT gets the other teen to come around I used my house account to get them some water and a snack bar to help settle them. I then offer to take them home since I lived near by once they told the EMT where they lived. At first they didn’t want to because the first teen didn’t want to leave his four wheeler, but my manager says that it can be put in the back of my truck; and they seemed to be alright with that. About a week later, I get called to the service desk by the same manager.)

Me: “Yes?”

Manager: *smiles some* “You have two people who want to see you.”

(I look and it’s the two teenagers from that night and they hand me a carnation, a lottery ticket, and thank me for what I did!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!