Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Always Right, Even When They’re Not Your Customer

, , , | Right | March 23, 2009

Caller: “I’m having a problem with this adapter. Can you help me out?”

Me: “I can certainly try. Can you describe it for me?”

Caller: “Well, it hooks up to a TV and it has these two things coming off of it… I don’t really know how to explain it.”

Me: “Well… maybe you can tell me what it does? I can go and grab a box off of the shelf and take a look at it.”

Caller: “I still have the package. Would it help if I read off the model number?”

Me: “That would be great.”

(The customer reads me a model number that is longer than anything I have ever seen in my department and it occurs to me…)

Me: “Sir, I don’t recognize that number. Did you buy this adapter at our store?”

Caller: “No, you guys didn’t have it so I went to Circuit City instead.”

Me: “Sir, I cannot help you with an item we don’t sell.”

Caller: “Well, THANKS a LOT!” *click*


This story is part of the Unrealistic-Expectations roundup!

Read the next Unrealistic-Expectations roundup story!

Read the Unrealistic-Expectations roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!