Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

All In A Huff About The Man With A Puff

, , , , | Right | May 22, 2013

(My boyfriend is standing on the sidewalk outside the store. He is smoking a cigarette while he waits for me to get off. A customer comes in and starts complaining.)

Customer: “Look at him! Standing out there as if he owns the place! You’re going to make this place go out of business by allowing riff-raff like that to hang out here and smoke right beside the door!”

Me: “Ma’am, he is near the ashtray, which is more than the state-mandated twenty-five feet from the entrance. Furthermore, I ask that you not call my other customers names, and especially him, because he’s my boyfriend.”

Customer: “What is wrong with you?! Why would a good, sweet Christian girl like you date a tattooed heathen like that?!”

Me: “Ma’am, please stop calling him names. He is not a heathen; he is a good Christian man. I, on the other hand, am not religious, but spiritual. He is also an Army veteran who served in Iraq and Afghanistan and deserves to be treated with more respect than you are giving him. Now, please leave. I am refusing you service for being so rude.”

Customer: “The customer is always right! I’ll tell [Owner] that you were letting a heathen lurk outside his store!”

Me: “You do that, ma’am. I’ll make sure to tell him how rude you were, too.”

Customer: “The customer is always right!”

(The customer runs out of the store. At this point, my boyfriend walks in.)

Boyfriend: “What was her problem, baby girl?”

Me: “Who knows? She apparently thought the customer is always right.”

Boyfriend: “Sometimes the customer is just an a**hole.”


This story is part of our Veteran’s Day roundup!

Read the next Veteran’s Day roundup story!

Read the Veteran’s Day roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!