Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Ah, Fathers, Part 3

, , , , | Right | August 3, 2008

(I worked at a store that cashes people’s personal cheques. A young, 17-ish boy approaches me.)

Me: “Hello, how can I help you?”

Customer: “I need to cash this cheque, please.” *hands over information*

Me: “Okay, everything looks good. Can I have the cheque, please?”

Customer: “Sure.”

(I scan the cheque through and an account pops up. It had been used before only two hours previous at another one of our stores not far from my location.)

Me: “Just give me a moment. I need to go to the back to verify your cheque, and I’ll be back with your money.”

Customer: “Okay.”

(I go to the back of the store and call the number on the cheque. An older gentleman who I believe to be the customer’s father answers the phone.)

Customer’s Father: “Hello?”

Me: “Hello, sir. I believe your son is here with a cheque that you gave him and that he is wanting it to be cashed. I just wanted to make sure this was correct as we have cashed one already today for the same amount.”

Customer’s Father: *calmly* “What’s your address?”

Me: “It’s [address].”

Customer’s Father: “I’ll be down there in a few minutes. I don’t live far… Just don’t let my son leave.”

(I head back to the front to talk to the young customer.)

Me: “Hey, sorry this is taking so long…”

Customer: *explodes* “WHATEVER! You’re taking forever! This is my dad’s g**d**n cheque and it’s good! Why are you taking so long?! He has lots of money and he gave this to me to cash so that I could have the money!” *rants*

(As he is ranting, a large man about the size of Vin Diesel comes in the store. The look on his face is sheer anger. He just stands there in the lobby as his son reams me out.)

Me: *to customer* “Why don’t you ask your father?”

Customer’s Father: “YOU LITTLE B*****D!”

(I have never seen a boy try to run so fast out the door in my life. He only makes it to the parking lot outside the store before his father nabs him. Let’s just say his buttocks learned the value of a dollar.)

Related:
Ah, Fathers, Part 2
Ah, Fathers


This story is part of our Super-Dumb-Criminals roundup!

Read the next Super-Dumb-Criminals roundup story!

Read the Super-Dumb-Criminals-Owners roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!