Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Adamant, If A Bit Addled

| Right | July 8, 2012

(I’m a fuel clerk at a large chain grocery store’s gas station. One evening a woman was having trouble getting her pump to work. She wanted to get a fuel injection cleaner (additech) added into her gasoline, but had no clue what she was doing. After swiping a credit card, the pump’s computer screen automatically asks the customer if they want to buy additech. The conversation went like this.)

Me: “Hey, how are you doing today?”

Customer: *mouth full of tobacco* “I wanna get some of that Additech stuff!”

Me: “Alright, after swiping your card the pump will ask if you want to purchase Additech. Press ‘Yes.’ Since you are driving a truck, you will select the $9.99 price by pressing the ‘2’ key on the screen.”

Customer: “I wanna get me some of that Additech stuff!”

Me: “I understand, ma’am. Please just swipe your card and follow the prompts.”

Customer: “I WANNA GET SOME F***ING ADDITECH STUFF!” *spits out a glob of tobacco* “Why the f*** won’t you get me some of that f***ing Additech stuff?!”

Me: “Ma’am, please calm down. Would you like me to show you how?”

(Frustrated, the customer begins yelling to the other customers in line.)

Customer: “I’m not re*arded! He said I’m re*arded!”

Me: “Ma’am, let me show you.”

(I walk out to the pump, swipe her card, and as predicted the Additech screen comes up. I set her pump up, and she fills her truck. Afterward, I come back to my register. A minute later, Ms. Additech comes back.)

Customer: “What is Additech anyway? DOES IT MAKE YOUR CAR GO BETTER?!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!