Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Wally With A Wallet

| Right | June 2, 2013

(Our area has recently been hit with a bunch of fraudulent credit cards. We’ve been advised to double check IDs and cards. My coworker is checking out a customer and asks to see his ID.)

Customer: “What do you need to see my ID for?”

Coworker: “We’ve been advised to check all IDs. Besides the back of your card says to check ID anyway, so…”

Customer: “Well, I’m telling you I am not showing you my identity! This is ridiculous! Where’s your manager?”

Me: “That would be me, sir. You’ll either have to show identification, or use another form of payment.”

Customer: “Fine! Here!”

(He tossed his entire wallet at me. I glanced at the ID, which is out of state. The man in the picture was very obviously not the man in front of me. Furthermore, the card was in a woman’s name. I slid the ID to the side and noticed that another ID was underneath; this ID was to another person! My coworker noticed this, too. He ducked around the bend, and I heard him calling the police. I pretended to run the card through and have ‘technical problems’, stalling him long enough for the cops to get to our store. When they searched him, they found another wallet on him with various cards. He’d been using stolen cards all day without anyone checking them!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!