Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Senior Moment To Go, Please

, , , , , | Right | May 16, 2012

(I am working in a sub shop when two elderly ladies approach. One orders for both of them.)

Customer: “I want a tuna sub.”

Me: “Okay, is that a footlong?”

(I’m assuming they are getting a footlong to split, but I have to ask to be sure.)

Customer: “No, it’s for here.”

Me: “Okay, but is that a footlong or a six-inch?”

Customer: *looks at me confused* “What?”

Me: “Is your sub a footlong or a six-inch?”

Customer: “No, it’s a footlong.”

(I go down the line making the rest of her sandwich for her without any other problems. When we get to the register, they get two bags of chips and two coffees. Then, they ask for the senior discount, which I give them.)

Me: “That will be $9.31 today.”

Customer: “That’s not right.”

Me: “I’m sorry?”

Customer: “I thought the sub was $5.”

Me: “Actually, with your senior discount it only costs $4.50, but you also have the chips and the coffees, which brings your total to $9.31.”

Customer: “But the sub’s supposed to be $5.”

Me: “Yes, and it is $5. However, you also got the chips, which are $0.89 a piece, and the coffees, which are about $1.29 a piece. Then, there’s tax.”

Customer: “But I thought that the sub was $5.”

(This goes on for about five more minutes, with me explaining everything she’s got and how her total is $9.31. After about five more minutes, she finally gets it.)

Customer: “Oh, the coffee and the chips cost about $1 each, so it’s $9.31!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!