Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

They Need To Park It

| Friendly | October 6, 2015

(I work at a radio station. Our station is located inside an office building, mostly filled with doctors’ offices. The radio station has recently gone through a growth spurt, and there’s no longer enough parking spots for radio station personnel. I come into work one morning to see the radio station’s spots are full, so I pull into one the visitor parking spots. One of the nurses who works in the building parks next to me.)

Nurse: “Excuse me, do you work in the radio station?”

Me: “Yes, I do.”

Nurse: “Well, how come you always park in these parking spots, and not in the radio station spots?”

(I point at the radio station spots.)

Me: “Because the radio station’s spots are full right now.”

Nurse: “Well, then, why don’t you park around front? That’s where . SUPPOSED to park.”

(The tiny parking lot in the front of the building only has two parking spots, and we keep our events cruisers parked there for maximum visibility.)

Me: “Because our events cruisers are parked there right now.”

Nurse: “Well, that’s where you’re SUPPOSED to park, and my friends and I like to park here, so please park where you’re SUPPOSED to park.”

Me: “Well, which doctor do you work for?”

Nurse: “[Doctor].”

Me: “Well, why don’t YOU park where you’re supposed to park?”

(I point to her doctor’s office’s parking spots, which are on the other side of the lot and wide open.)

Nurse: “I already told you, my friends and I like to park here. But my friends are on vacation right now, so we’ll let it slide today. But in the future, you park where you’re supposed to park.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!