Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Change In Atti-two-de

, | Right | October 4, 2012

(I am working the register where a customer has just paid with a bunch of two dollar bills. Just to be sure we can take them, I ask my manager, who says yes. Upon hearing this, the customer starts making fun of me.)

Customer: “Haha! Haven’t you ever seen a $2 bill before?! Aren’t you a real American? I’ve never seen anyone who doesn’t know what a $2 bill is. Haha!”

Me: “I’m… I’m sorry, sir.”

(The customer then proceeds to get the rest of the line behind him to laugh at me. I am humiliated and stewing by this point, but send him on his way, smiling the whole time. Later, I’m in the back room counting the money in my register into the safe for the end of my shift. My manager comes into the back to talk to me.)

Manager: “There’s a customer at the front counter who wants to talk to you.”

(I go out there and it’s the $2 bill customer from earlier. I’m bracing myself for round two when this happens.)

Customer: “I just wanted to say I’m really sorry for making fun of you earlier. It wasn’t right. I was in a bad mood and I took it out on you, and you didn’t deserve it.”

Me: “It’s okay, sir.”

Customer: “No, it isn’t. You were just trying to do your job and I embarrassed you. That’s not okay. I’m very sorry. Buddies?”

Me: “Buddies.” *we shake hands*

(After I got off work he told me some of the history of $2 bills. When he left he said, “Don’t let them get to you!” He comes in almost every day now, and it’s always nice to see him!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!