Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

£500 Non-Pays Of Summer

, , , | Right | May 20, 2011

(A elderly customer buys an incredible amount of food, most of which is dried pasta and tinned fruit. The total comes to £500.)

Me: “I’m sorry, but your card has been declined due to insufficient funds.”

Customer: “Why is that?”

Me: “You don’t have enough money in your account.”

Customer: “Yes, I do.”

Me: “I’m sorry, but it seems you don’t.”

Customer: “No, I do. I let Prime Minister David Cameron borrow some. He’ll put it back in soon.”

Me: “I’m sorry, what?”

Customer: “Oh, yes. But you mustn’t tell anyone. I need this food now, so can you just put it through, please?”

Me: “I’m sorry, but without the money, I cannot complete your transaction.”

Customer: “When I go into hibernation for the summer, I’ll need to have plenty of food in my house.”

(I am shocked into silence.)

Customer: “You’re beautiful. How about we hibernate together this summer, sweetie?”

Me: “Excuse me?”

Customer: “Here’s my address. Look me up as soon as July hits!”

(She handed me a piece of paper and hurried out of the shop. I looked at the piece of paper. It was actually just a drawing of the sun, with the words ‘TRUST NO ONE’ written below.)


This story is part of the Even-Stranger-Customers roundup!

Read the next Even-Stranger-Customers roundup story!

Read the Even-Stranger-Customers roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!